Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My name is Jim Goolsby, and I am just an old pilot. My ground bound friends call me "Jim" and my fellow aviators and grand kids call me "Pappy". Politicians better call me "Mr. Goolsby, Sir"

I am a retired airline pilot (20 years with PanAm and 14 years with United) and at this time at 70 years of age I am still flying. From this world traveling and a process that both natures and forms one's attitudes and observations, I hope this Blog helps explain some of my conservative views. I hope also to preserve some events I've witnessed in the beauty and majesty from aloft.

Being a professional pilot for over 50 years, aviation has a way of making a person see many things in the same way as other professional pilots. We tend as a group to be conservative in out look. Airplanes do not care one thing about you, your sex nor your genealogy. For flying, with out any prejudice, will deal with the poor, rich, mentally challenged, brilliant, black, white or brown, with the same severity, if they are unprepared, arrogant, or inattentive to the atmosphere around them. It is a leveling force for human kind.

I also believe in God Almighty, a supreme being of some kind. I believe that there is a Satan and evil simply because I've seen and experienced to many things to believe otherwise. I don't see unexplained chaos in our universe, only unknown logical processes. I do believe in an afterlife and ghosts. I will on these pages at times, try to elucidate why.

So buckle up. There ain't no tray table, coffee or peanuts, but hopefully I can bring a little joy and understanding along for this ride. This blog will be a mixed bag of political view and pros of my aviation experience. I do not claim that every word or sentence will be only the 'only' answer. And of course this conversation is one way, me to you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great to see what one of my old high school friends has been up to for the last 50 years! Wonder if you were ever flying me to the orient when I went four times a year in the 70's and 80's by Pan Am and United! Glad you continued your love of aviation and made it your life's work! Donna (Merrick) Newton

    ReplyDelete